The Galveston County Democratic Party is made up of all kinds of people from all walks of life. We are activists, clergy, plant workers, day laborers, doctors, and lawyers; in fact, we represent pretty much every kind of profession you can imagine. We care deeply about issues, and believe in fairness--for all. We believe that the middle class, working people, the poor and underprivileged, and the politically powerless deserve a voice in government.
We believe we owe a debt of gratitude to our seniors, and we owe it to ourselves to build a brighter future for our children. We believe that lobbyists, big business, and transnational insurance companies should not control our state. We're working hard--because it matters.
Please join us in making our state and county better for all of us.
What It Means To Be a Democrat
Democrats are people you see in your community, at work, at your place of worship, at the store and at the ballpark. We come from all walks of life, but our shared beliefs and values help shape a strong county, state and nation where every citizen has the opportunity to succeed.
- In equal opportunity for all citizens.
- In rewarding honest, hard work with a living wage and in a tax system that is fair.
- In family values that are more than a political slogan.
- In quality education that gives all citizens the opportunity to reach their potential.
- In freedom from government interference in our private lives and personal decisions.
- That individual strengths in our diverse population are a benefit.
- In security in our homes and safety on our streets. Criminals should face swift and certain punishment.
- In separation of Church and State to preserve the freedom to pursue our beliefs.
- In a strong United States - morally, economically and militarily.
- In common-sense reforms that give us cleaner and safer air and water.